Setting up the JFrog Artifactory Rancher Helm Chart
- From the UI, go to Apps | Launch.
- Search for or select artifactory-ha from the catalog.
- Enter a name and select the target project.
- Under Services and Load Balancing, configure how you choose to expose the web application.
- Under Artifactory Storage, set Enable Persistent Storage for Artifactory to True and configure your preferred filestore method:
- File-system: Write to a locally-mounted volume.
- NFS: Write to a shared/mounter NFS for all the nodes.
- Google Storage: Write to Google Cloud Storage. You must set this up in advance and provide the access details here.
- AWS S3: Write to AWS S3. You must set this up in advance and provide the access details here.
- Under the Database Settings, set Enable PostgreSQL and Enable Persistent Storage for PostgreSQL to True.
- Select Show Advanced Configuration to configure settings such as CPU/Memory and to change the master key (Optional).
- Select Launch.
Upgrading Artifactory in the Rancher Catalog Helm Chart
The upgrade is only supported from 6.x to 6.x and 7.x to 7.x, with an expected small downtime window.
- In the Rancher UI, go to the project i.e., global | your cluster | project name (usually the default).
Do not select the 'Upgrade available' button in 'Apps'. You will lose all your data!
Select your app to see the workloads.
Each primary node, secondary node(s) and nginx is updated. Each workload is upgraded by changing the Docker image
- Select the three vertical dots to the right of the primary node and select View | Edit YAML.
Rancher displays a text editor.
- Search and replace all occurrences of the old Artifactory tag (e.g., 7.3.2) with the version you want to upgrade to (e.g., 7.6.3).
- Select Save.
- Wait for the primary node to turn green in the Rancher UI. You can also watch the status of various nodes in Artifactory UI under Settings | Monitoring | Service Status.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the secondary nodes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for nginx.
- Log into Artifactory and verify that all the nodes are now in the correct version of the UI | Administration | Monitoring | Service Status.