Installation and Setup
Supported Visual Studio Versions
Two extensions are shared to the marketplace - each of them supports a different Visual Studio version:
- JFrog Xray version 2.5.0 and above.
To install and work with the extension:
- Open the terminal and type nuget. If it is not recognized as a command, please add nuget.exe to the PATH environment variable.
- Open Visual Studio
- Go to Tools | Extensions and Updates
- Search for JFrog.
- Click on Download
- Once the installation is completed, re-open Visual Studio.
Configuring the Extension to Connect to JFrog Xray
Once the extension is successfully installed, connect Visual Studio to your instance of JFrog Xray.
- Go to Tools | Options | JFrog | JFrog Xray
- Set your JFrog Xray URL and login credentials.
- Test your connection to Xray using the Test connection button.
Using the Extension
Scanning and Viewing the Results
To scan and view the project dependencies, open View | Other Windows | JFrog
JFrog Xray automatically performs a scan when the project is opened or when clicking on the Refresh button in the JFrog window.
Filtering the Scanned Results
When troubleshooting issues, it os recommended to look at the log messages in the Output console, located at the bottom of the screen.
Please report issues by opening an issue on Github.
Watch the Screencast