The Jira integration can be added directly to a step in the
The send_notification utility function can be used with a Jira integration to create an issue in Jira. For example, if a deployment fails, a ticket can be created in Jira through this integration. For more information, see Creating Jira Issues From Pipelines.
Default Environment Variables
When you add this integration to a step, a set of environment variables is automatically made available.
|Jira API endpoint URL|
|Username or email to use to login|
|Authorization to use for invoking the APIs|
The following example pipeline demonstrates the use of the
send_notification utility function to create a Jira issue (ticket).
- The YAML for this example is available in this repository in the JFrog GitHub account.
- In addition to the Jira integration, this example uses an Artifactory Integration.
- This example sets environment variables for the project-id and type options.
- This example performs a MvnBuild native step, which produces a log file.
- On failure, this example uses the
send_notificationutility function to create the JIra ticket. The command line:
- Relies on the environment variables for the project-id and type options
- Attaches the log file produced by Maven to the Jira issue
- Specifies the summary and description options using standard environment variables