In addition to the local template file, a
values.yml file is required in the same repository. This file contains the values required for the local template to create the pipeline definition.
Template Functions List
Local templates support several helm chart style functions. For the full list of supported and unsupported functions, see Template Functions List.
Adding Local Templates
To add and use local templates:
- In your local template file (for example,
valuesFilePathto the relative path of the
trueidentifies the yaml file as a local template. The combination of
pipelines.ymlis parsed to create the pipeline definition and synced to create the pipeline.
- Go to Administration | Pipelines | Pipeline Sources.
- In the resulting Pipeline Sources display, click Add Pipeline Source, and then click From YAML.
- In the resulting Add YAML Pipeline Source page, click one of the following:
- Single Branch
- Multi Branch
- Complete the Single/Multi Branch form:
- SCM Provider Integration: Click the SCM Provider Integration field and select your source control integration from the dropdown list. Only integrations that are compatible for use as a Pipeline Source will be included in the dropdown list.
- Repository Full Name: Based on the information you have provided for the selected integration, such as API token, all the relevant repositories are listed in the Repository Full Name field. Select the path of the repository where your pipeline files are stored. If the name of the repository is not auto-fetched, enter the full name of the repository where your pipeline files are stored.
- Branch (Single Branch only): Based on the SCM provider and Repository Full Name you have provided, all the available branches are automatically fetched (for example,
main). Select the required branch. If the name of the branch is not auto-fetched, enter the name of the branch.
- Exclude Branch (Multi Branch only): Specify the Exclude Branch Pattern as a regular expression for the matching branch names to exclude.
- Include (Multi Branch only): Specify the Include Branch Pattern as a regular expression for the matching branch names to include.
- Pipeline Config File Filter: Enter
pipelines.yml. In addition to the
pipelines.yml, if you are using a
values.yml, ensure both files are added to the filter, using
- Click Create Source to complete adding the Pipeline Source.