The following actions can only be performed by administrator users to configure Pipelines for operation.
Adding an Integration
To add an integration:
- Go to Administration | Pipelines | Integrations and click Add an Integration .
- In the resulting Add New Integration display, depending on the type of integration you need, click either Pipelines or Admin.
- Click the Integration Type field and select one from the dropdown list. For example, a GitHub Integration enables a pipeline to assign source control repositories in GitHub to GitRepo resources.
- After the integration type is selected, enter the remaining settings as presented. For information about each integration, see Pipelines Integrations.
For the following integrations, you have the option of testing the integration while creating/editing it. The test validates all the details you have entered, including the URL, user credentials, and the token for sufficient permissions on the repository.
- BitBucket Server
- GitHub Enterprise
To test an integration, enter all the relevant details and click Test Connection. The details entered for the integration is validated and an appropriate message for success or failure is displayed.
- Click Create to create the integration.
The integration you created appears on the Integrations page.
These integrations also appear on the Application | Pipelines | Integrations page.
Restricting Integration Use
If an integration is in a Project, one or more environments maybe specified for the integration and that integration is available to resources that are part of the pipeline sources that share at least one of those environments. By default, integrations are in the DEV environment.
Integrations that are not in any project may only be used by pipeline sources that are not in a project. By default, these integrations are available to resources in all pipeline sources that are not in a project.
You can establish those usage restrictions when you add or modify an integration.
- Uncheck the option to Any Pipeline Source.
- In the revealed interface, select from the list of available pipeline sources and move the row(s) (by click-and-drag or arrow button) to the list of included pipeline sources.
- When finished, click Create (if adding an integration) or Save (if editing).
To view the list of integrations already added and available for use, go to either Application | Pipelines | Integrations or Administration | Pipelines | Integrations
The Integrations page displays the list of integrations that have been installed and are available to you to use according to your Jfrog platform user credentials. Integrations that are restricted to use by certain pipeline sources will not be shown unless your user account has been granted permissions for those pipeline sources.
Each row of the integrations list includes the following:
|The friendly name of the integration|
|The integration type|
Shows where the integration can be used:
|The user that created the integration|
|The user that last edited the integration settings|
|The time and date of the last edit|
Modifying an Integration
You can modify (edit) an integration by hovering over its row in the list, and clicking the Edit button.
Alternately, you can view the integration, then click Edit.
Once you complete your permitted changes, click Save.
Deleting an Integration
You can delete an integration by hovering over its row in the list, and clicking the Delete button.
Alternately, you can view the integration, then click Delete.
Sharing Integrations across Multiple Projects
Project Admins can share integrations across multiple projects to allow members in more than one project to use them. A classic use case for sharing an Integration is the need to share a source repository's credentials with multiple projects. An integration can be shared with a single project or across multiple projects. After an integration is shared, it is added to the target projects and displayed on the integrations page.
Shared Integrations Rules and Guidelines
- An Integration can be shared only after it has been created.
- An Integration can be shared only if it has a globally unique name.
- Only the owner of the shared Integration can delete the shared Integration.
To share an Integration:
- In the Administration module, select Integrations and navigate to [Project_Name] | Integration and click the Share icon.
- You can share the selected Integration:
- Across all the projects, by selecting the Auto share with all projects field.
- Only with specific projects, by selecting the name of the Project from the projects list.
- Click Save.