Registering a Platform Deployment
- From the Administration module, click Platform Management | Registered JPDs.
- Click + New platform deployments.
This displays the Register Platform Deployment window.
- In the name field, enter a unique logical name for this JPD.
- Next, click Select Location to open the Select Location window.
- From the Location dropdown field, select the location of the JPD (the geographical location of the JPD to be displayed on a global JPD view), then click Create.
- In the JFrog Platform URL field, enter the URL of the JPD you are registering.
- Click Get Server Details.
The Register Platform Deployment window is updated with a new field called a Pairing Token.
Paste the Pairing Tokens you generated.
From Artifactory version 7.29.7, the preferred method for connecting the JPD is using a pairing token. Pairing tokens are scoped for pairing services, and are short lived.
In the Administration tab, go to User Management | Access Tokens | Pairing Token to generate the token.
You can also generate a
- Optional: Add labels to be applied for filtering JPDs according to categories for example, location, dedicated centers - dev, testing, production.
- Click Add.
Viewing Platform Deployment Information
In the Platform Deployments page, you can view a lists of registered Platform Deployments with their related installed services including Artifactory, Xray, Distribution, Xray and a status icon and access the Platform Dashboard including Trends and the map view in the Application module.
The Platform Deployment that Mission Control is part of is automatically named HOME and is assigned a default location. Since Mission Control was registered into this Platform Deployment as part of the installation process, the only detail that can be edited is the location. This JPD cannot be unregistered or re-authenticated.
Unregistering Platform Deployments
WebUI Changes implemented in Artifactory 7.38.x and above
Platform Deployments is now called Platform Management. All the relevant text and images on this page have been updated to reflect this change.
You can unregister a Platform Deployment by deleting the Platform Deployment from the Platform Deployment registry list. The Platform Deployment is not physically removed but is no longer monitored by the system. This is useful for Platform Deployments that are no longer in service and service for internal in the organization.
- From the Administration module, select Platform Management | Registered JPDs.
- Select the Platform Deployment from the Actions list, select Delete Platform Deployment.
- Click Confirm in the Confirm Deletion dialog.