To request support:
- From the Administration module, go to Support Zone, and create a new support bundle with the relevant information
- Open a support ticket with the information bundle attached in the JFrog Support Portal.
What should I include?
Unless you are sure about the information JFrog support will need in order to address your issue, we recommend providing all items in the support bundle you upload.
A support bundle for an Artifactory HA installation contains information for all nodes in the cluster.
Resource intensive operations
Note that creating a Thread dump and System logs may be resource intensive operations and may create large information bundles.
Creating a Support Bundle
- To create a new support bundle, in the Administration module, go to Support Zone, and click Create new support bundle.
This displays the Create New Support Bundle window.
- Specify the service for which you wish to create the support bundle.
- Once you have checked all the information items you wish to include in your information bundle (see below), click Create to create the bundle.
|Select the service related to the reported issue.|
|If checked, provides configuration files that affect Artifactory's functionality.|
If checked, provides information about your system including storage, system properties, JVM information and plugin status. For details please refer to System Information.
If checked, system logs are included in the support bundle. You may specify the time span for which system logs should be included.
Date span considers files according to the time stamp present in the file name, not by its contents.
|If checked, Artifactory will create a thread dump for all running threads. By default a single thread dump is created, however, to get a picture of how data may change over time, you can request several thread dumps separated by a specified time interval with the Number of Thread Dumps and Interval fields.|
Once the supported bundle has been created, you can Download the archived bundle and then login to JFrog Support Portal where you can open a support ticket and attach the information bundle.
Support Bundles Repository
The support bundle repository stores all created bundles. Once a support bundle is created, it will be saved to the new default jfrog-support-bundle system repository for any future reference.
Artifactory REST API provides the following endpoints you can use to work with information bundles:
|Create a new support information bundle|
|Lists previously created bundle currently stored in the system|
|Downloads a previously created bundle currently stored in the system|
|Deletes a previously created bundle from the system.|