Supported Terraform Repository Types
The JFrog Terraform repository solution supports a number of Terraform repository types and dedicated configurations, all customized to accommodate the Terraform environment specific settings and requirements.
The following table describes the Terraform repository implementation in the JFrog Platform.
|Terraform Repository Type||Terraform Type||Local Repository||Remote Repository||Virtual Repository|
|Module/ Provider||Select from drop-down list in Basic tab||No differentiation||No differentiation|
|Backend||Dedicated repository type||N/A||N/A|
Recommended Terraform Repository Setup
It is recommended to set up your Terraform repositories according to the following Terraform repository structure in the JFrog Platform to fully benefit from the full-fledged Terraform solution:
- Local Terraform Module Registry
- Local Terraform Provider Registry
- Remote Terraform Registry
- Virtual Terraform Registry: Aggregates the Local Terraform Module and the Local Terraform Provider registry
- Local Terraform Backend (BE) Repository.