Customizing a Run
To trigger a run with custom parameters:
- From the Applications tab, go to Pipelines | My Pipelines.
- In the Pipelines dashboard that appears, click the name of your pipeline.
- Click the step for which you want to use custom configuration and then click the custom trigger
- In the resulting Run with custom configuration dialog, configure the following and click Confirm:
Environment variables can be used to customize a run that is triggered manually.
You can use one or both of these options to add environment variables:
- Predefine in YAML: This option enables you to add a set of predefined values in the pipelines DSL, which is then available for selection in the UI. Environment variables can be added at the pipeline- or step-level. The pipeline-level environment variables will be carried through to all steps executed in the pipeline run, but the step-level environment variables will apply only to that specific step. Use this option when you have jobs that require environment variable values to be changed frequently.
For information about setting these values, see Environment Variables Configuration.
- Add custom variables: This field enables you to manually add one or more environment variables for each run. These custom variables can be applied to a single step or to all the steps. Use this only when you want to perform a quick test and do not expect to repeat the run with the same environment variables.
Custom variables can be added using:
- Key-Value field: Use this when you want to quickly add a small number of key-value pairs.
Bulk paste: Use this when you want to add a large number of key-value pairs.
This lists all the input resources in your pipeline DSL. For each listed resource, you can select the resource version Id you want to use for the run.