Customizing a Run
To trigger a run with custom parameters:
- From the Applications tab, go to Pipelines | My Pipelines.
- In the Pipelines dashboard that appears, click the name of your pipeline.
- Click the step for which you want to use custom configuration and then click the custom trigger
- In the resulting Run with custom configuration dialog, configure the following and click Confirm:
This lists all the input resources in your pipeline DSL. For each listed resource, you can select the resource version Id you want to use for the run.
Environment variables can be added to customize a run that is triggered manually. You can use one or both of these options:
- Add manually: Click Add to manually add one or more environment variables for each run. Use this only when you want to perform a quick test and do not expect to repeat the run with the same environment variables.
- Predefine in YAML: This option enables you to add a set of predefined values in the pipelines DSL, which is then available for selection in the UI. Use this option when you have jobs that require environment variable values to be changed frequently.
For information about setting these values, see Environment Variables Configuration.