Features and Functionality
The user interface provides a consistent experience across all JFrog products. It is designed to support the most commonly used workflows, including improved package management, security and compliance, and package distribution, continuing to provide you with full flexibility. To support this experience the internal architecture (defined as a JPD) is designed to provide JFrog users with the same user experience across the JFrog products that have been installed.
To support the different user workflows, the UI is divided into two main modules:
Application Module providing an easy to use interface for viewing your packages, builds and artifacts in Artifactory. Including Xray security vulnerabilities and violations, Dashboard topology and trends, Distribution release bundles and Pipelines DevOps automation.
- Administration Module providing a consolidated place for configurations of all JFrog products (common and product specific). Including centralized settings, such as monitoring (storage, replication, service status), security and compliance, proxies, license and user management. As well as, property sets, backups, indexed resources, database sync and webhooks.
Both modules include an advanced search mechanism.
Flexible Permissions Model
Administrators get fine-grained permissions control over how users and groups access the different resources (repositories, builds, Release Bundles, destinations).
Security and Compliance Across your DevOps Pipeline
Fully integrated into the JFrog Platform, JFrog Xray protects your artifacts, repositories, builds and release bundles across the entire CI/CD pipeline.
- Get JFrog's vulnerability database that is continuously updated with new component vulnerability data. Including VulnDB, the industry's most comprehensive security vulnerability database.
- Identify security vulnerabilities and license violations according to your organization's needs. A dedicated Security and Compliance section in the UI allows you to set policies and watches on all your JFrog resources.
- Configure watches and policies with the option to block artifact download, Release Bundle distribution to Edge nodes, and even break Builds.
- Use advanced filtering that allows you to configure include /exclude patterns when setting indexed resources or when setting a Watch on the resources.
Secure Distribution Process
Manage the creation and distribution of Release Bundles to your Artifactory Edge Nodes. Gain better visibility and traceability into your distribution process with a complete view of all contents and package references of your Release Bundles.
The following table is a quick reference to common functionalities in the JFrog Platform, including their new locations and any functional changes.
Location in the New UI
|Custom Base URL|
Look and Feel Settings
|Dedicated Artifactory Settings|
General: Settings, Property Sets
As part of the JFrog Platform permissions unification, permission targets that were previously separated per product are now represented as one permission target with multiple permission options for the different JFrog products. Changes include:
As part of the permission migration process:
|Policies and Watches|
|Dedicated Xray Settings|
General: Indexed Resources, Webhooks, Integrations
The following table describes features that are currently under development and will be available in later JFrog Platform releases.
Not available in the initial JFrog Platform release.
|Internet Explorer||The Internet Explorer browser is not supported in the JFrog Platform. For a list of supported browsers, see Browsers.|
REST API Changes
New shared base url for all JFrog services
The JFrog Platform release introduces a new unified way to access all JFrog services using a single url, using the following format:
For backward compatibility, JFrog Artifactory and Xray will continue to work as before:
The following table summarizes the list of changes from previous JFrog products versions to the JFrog Platform.