Using the latest JFrog products?
JFrog Platform User Guide
JFrog Mission Control 3.x Documentation
To get the latest version, go to the JFrog Unified Platform
Installing Mission Control HA
To get started, make sure your system complies with the above requirements and guidelines before you proceed to download and install Mission Control.
The general steps for installing Mission Control HA are:
- Install and configure the PostgreSQL database.
- Install and configure Elasticsearch.
- Install the first Mission Control cluster node.
- Install any additional Mission Control nodes.
- Use the mc.key from the first node and the PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch connection details to configure the installed node.
- Configure a load balancer between the Mission Control cluster nodes.
|External Elasticsearch Cluster||Internal Elasticsearch Cluster|
Installing the First Node
Docker and RPM, DEB Installations
mc.keyThe mc key is an internal secret, used by Mission Control to encrypt sensitive data and must be synced between the Mission Control cluster nodes. After the application is started, the mc key can be found in the following path: <JFMC_DATA>/security/mc.key.
For RPM and DEB installations, elasticsearch searchguard transport SSL certificates should be copied from first node to subsequent nodes. The certificates localhost.key ,localhost.pem and root-ca.pem are available in the Elasticsearch config folder of first node.
Docker Compose Installation
For the Docker Compose installation, use the Docker Compose file marked for HA post externalizing the database.
Add the following lines to the setenv.sh.
Installing Additional Nodes
The additional cluster nodes should also be installed according to the general Mission Control installation instructions.
Extending Mission Control from Standalone to HA
From Mission Control 3.4, if you already have a working standalone Mission Control environment.
The existing installation is considered the first cluster node followed by additional nodes that are then added to the HA environment.
Prior to installing the additional Mission Control nodes, perform the following:
- Establish a working PostgreSQL.
- Establish a working ElasticSearch.
- Get the mc key generated by the first node.
Migrating Data to External DB's
- Install the external PostgreSQL database and Elasticsearch.
- Stop the app.
- Migrate all your data to the PostsgreSQL cluster and Elasticsearch.
- Follow steps from Using External Databases to provide details of external databases.
- Start the application and ensure it’s up and running