For several security features that you want to use over a secure connection (such as LDAPS, Secure Active Directory, or Secure OAuth), you may configure Artifactory to allow a non-trusted self-signed certificate
Configuring a Self-Signed Certificate
For outbound Artifactory connections (remote repositories, external authentication servers...) intended for SSL self-signed/internal CA signed certificates URL endpoints, you may use use one of the following ways to establish trusts based on your certificates:
- Use the instructions described on Oracle's documentation to import a single/chain of certificates to your JVM's keystore.
- Point Artifactory to use a custom certificate store. Follow the steps below (thanks to Marc Schoechlin for providing this information):
Download/acquire the certificate(s) of the SSL secured server openssl s_client -connect <secure authentication server IP and port> -showcerts < /dev/null > server.ca.
RED HAT CDN
LDAP or Active Directory:
openssl s_client -connect the.ldap.server.net:636 -showcerts < /dev/null > server.ca
- Identify the standard
cacertsfile of your Java installation
- Create a custom
cacertsfile by copying the
cacertsfile to the Artifactory configuration dir. This may vary depending on the installation and its usually under JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security.
Example : cp /usr/lib64/jvm/java-1_6_0-ibm-1.6.0/jre/lib/security/cacerts /etc/opt/jfrog/artifactory/
- Import the CA certificate into the customized cacerts file. Note you can store the cacerts in any location as long as you can access it and link it to the JVM on startup.
keytool -import -alias myca -keystore /etc/opt/jfrog/artifactory/cacerts -trustcacerts -file server.ca
=> Password: changeit
=> Agree to add the certificate
- Change permissions for the
chmod 755 /etc/opt/jfrog/artifactory/cacerts
chown artifactory:users /etc/opt/jfrog/artifactory/cacerts
- Modify the defaults of the Artifactory JVM to use the custom
cacertsfile OR you could change the startup script to include the cacerts in the JAVA_OPTIONS.
echo "export JAVA_OPTIONS=\"\$JAVA_OPTIONS -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/etc/opt/jfrog/artifactory/cacerts\"" >> /etc/opt/jfrog/artifactory/default
- Restart Artifactory