We are pleased to announce the availability of Artifactory 2.2!
This forth major release of Artifactory is focused around significant performance improvements, resource usage optimizations, and bug fixes.
Please see important update notes for this version.
This release also brings a couple of new important features to Artifactory:
- Open REST API - Artifactory's RESTful resources are now public and documented. Using the REST documentation or the auto-generated WADL file, Artifactory can be controlled and automated from external tools or frameworks.
- Enterprise-grade LDAP Groups Synchronization - this new Power Pack add-on lets you manage permissions in based on you existing LDAP groups. It offers fast caching of LDAP data (which is a must for an organization with hundreds or thousands of users), flexible group synchronization strategies, multiple settings, and tight integration and feedback about LDAP users and groups throughout all security-related management screens in Artifactory.
- Support for running Artifactory under GlassFish 3.
- Support for queueing concurrent downloads of the same remote resource.
- Ability to annotate repositories with administrative comments.
- Improved UI branding.
The LDAP Groups add-on joins the existing set of commercial Artifactory Power Pack add-ons, that complete the Artifactory professional offering. You might find the following comparison table helpful for comparing the open source version to the add-ons version.
Instructions for upgrading to 2.2 from previous versions can be found here.
For a complete list of resolved issues in this version please see the JIRA.