Using Artifactory 5.x ?
JFrog Artifactory 5.x User Guide
Have a question? Want to report an issue? Contact JFrog support
Artifactory provides tight integration with both Jenkins and Hudson using a plugin which you need to install using the corresponding Plugin Manager. The information on this page refers to Jenkins however it applies equally to Hudson. For more information, please refer to the Jenkins documentation and Hudson documentation for the corresponding plugin.
The plug-in provides:
- Easy setup to resolve dependencies and deploy build artifacts through Artifactory.
- Capture exhaustive build information such as artifacts deployed, dependencies resolved, system and environment information and more to enable fully traceable builds.
- Enhanced deployment that transfers additional important build information to Artifactory.
- UI integration providing links from a Jenkins build directly to Artifactory.
- Release management with staging and promotion.
Before you begin
Please refer to the general information about Artifactory's Build Integration before using the Jenkins Artifactory Plugin.
Supported Build Technologies
Installing and Configuring the Plug-in
Configuring the Jenkins Artifactory Plug-in involves two steps:
- Setting up Jenkins to recognize your Artifactory server
- Pointing the Jenkins build at a target local repository in Artifactory to which it should deploy the build artifacts. Jenkins queries Artifactory's available target repositories using Artifactory's REST API and allows you to select one.
We recommend that you also configure Jenkins to use Artifactory for dependency resolution.
For more information, please refer to the instructions at the Jenkins Plug-in Center.
Navigating Between Jenkins and Artifactory
Each build viewed in Artifactory corresponds to its Jenkins job counterpart, and contains a build history of all runs corresponding to the build history in Jenkins.
You can drill down and view details about each item in the build history, or view the build in the CI server by selecting the corresponding link in the CI Server column.
You can also navigate back to Artifactory from Jenkins, as shown below:
Watch the Screencast