Using the latest version?
JFrog Platform User Guide
JFrog Artifactory 6.x Documentation
To get the latest version, go to the JFrog Unified Platform
Configuring Generic (Freestyle) Builds
Generic build integration provides Build Info support for any build type. This allows custom builds, such as non-Java builds to:
- Upload any artifacts to Artifactory, together with custom properties metadata, and keep published artifacts associated with the Jenkins build.
- Download artifacts from Artifactory that are required by your build.
You can define the artifacts to upload and download by either using "File Specs" or "Legacy Patterns".
File Spec are specified in JSON format.
You can use File Specs in one of the following ways:
- Manage them in your SCM, and then during the build, have them pulled to the workspace with the other sources. If you choose this option, you should select the "File" option in the "Upload spec source" or "Download spec source" field and specify the relative path to the File Spec in your workspace.
- Save the File Spec JSON as part of the job configuration. If you choose this option, you should select the "Job configuration" option in the "Upload spec source" or "Download spec source" field and specify the File Spec JSON content in your workspace in the "File path" field.
You can read the File Spec schema here.
Legacy Patterns (deprecated)
Legacy patterns are deprecated since version 1.8.0 and will be removed in future releases.
- The 'Published Artifacts' section lets you specify which artifact files produced by the build will be published to Artifactory.
At the end of the build run, artifacts in the build's workspace directory will be selected according to the specified patterns and will be published to Artifactory.
The 'Resolved Artifacts' section lets you specify which artifact files you wish to resolve from Artifactory.
Before the build starts, Jenkins will download these artifacts from Artifactory so the build can use them as dependencies.
Optionally, you can also map the target path of deployed/resolved artifacts.