Need help with other JFrog products?
Installing Xray HA
To get started, make sure your system complies with the above requirements and guidelines before you proceed to download and install Xray.
The general steps for installing Xray HA are:
- Prepare a valid license and two or more application servers
- In case you want to use your own database installation, prepare the databases and copy the connection strings
- Install/upgrade the first cluster node
- Copy the master key from the first cluster node
- Install the second cluster node providing the connection strings and master key
- Repeat step 5 to add additional nodes to your Xray cluster
- Setup a load balancer between the cluster nodes
Installing the First Node
Installing Additional Nodes
The additional cluster nodes should also be installed according to the general Xray installation instructions.
Make sure to respond with a "Yes" to the "Are you adding this node to an existing cluster?" question at the beginning of the installation.
The installer will prompt you for the following additional information:
- A 32 bytes
master.key, found in <XRAY DATA FOLDER>/security/master.key of the initial node.
- The short host name of the initial node, retrieved by using the 'hostname -s' command in the initial node.
- A database connection string, in order to connect to the same
During the installation process of the new node, you have an option to run a cluster cleanup. If any of the nodes is down, you will be asked if you want to remove the node from the cluster.
Please note that this will disconnect the node from the cluster.
Migrating Xray From Standalone to HA
If you already have a working standalone Xray environment, you can easily migrate it to an HA environment.
This can be done by upgrading Xray to version 2.x (preferably the latest Xray version), as described here, and then treating it as the first cluster node.
This means that once you have completed your upgrade, you can now add more nodes to your cluster by following the Installing Additional Nodes section described above.