Using the latest JFrog products?
JFrog Platform User Guide
JFrog Xray 2.x Documentation
To get the latest version, go to the JFrog Unified Platform
Installation and Setup
To install and work with the plugin:
- Install the JFrog plugin, using one of these options:
- Configure the plugin to connect to JFrog Xray.
- Scan and view the results.
- Filter Xray Scanned Results.
- IntelliJ IDEA version 2016.2 and above.
- JFrog Xray version 22.214.171.124 and above.
Installing from the IntelliJ Plugin Repository
- Under Settings (Preferences) | Plugins, click Browse repositories and search for JFrog.
- Once the plugin is found, click Install JetBrains Plugin.
Installing Plugin from Disk
- Download the latest JFrog plugin from Bintray or create this plugin from sources. To learn more about building from sources, see the procedure in GitHub.
- Under Settings (Preferences) | Plugins, click Install plugin from disk...
- Select the plugin file and click OK.
Using the Plugin
Configuring the Plugin to Connect to JFrog Xray
Once the plugin is successfully installed, connect the plugin to your instance of JFrog Xray.
- If JFrog Xray is behind an HTTP proxy, configure the proxy settings as described here. This is supported since version 1.3.0 of the JFrog IDEA Plugin.
- Under Settings (Preferences) | Other Settings, click JFrog Xray Configuration.
- Set your JFrog Xray URL and login credentials.
- Test your connection to Xray using the Test Connection button.
Self-signed Xray domain
sIf your Xray instance uses a domain with a self-signed certificate, add the certificate to IDEA as described here.
Scanning and Viewing the Results
JFrog Xray automatically performs a scan whenever there is a change in the dependencies in the project.
To manually invoke a scan:
- Click Refresh in the JFrog plugin.
- View the scanned results in the plugin.
Filtering Xray Scanned Results
The JFrog plugin provides the following filters to narrow down the scanned results to view exactly what you need:
Severity: Displays issues according to specific severities.
License: Displays components according to specific licenses.
Hovering above a dependency in the editor, to information about it.
Navigating from the editor to the dependency tree
The release notes are available on Bintray
Please report issues by opening an issue on Github.
Watch the Screencast
Watch this screencast to learn how the JFrog IntelliJ IDEA plugin adds JFrog Xray scanning of Maven project dependencies to your IntelliJ IDEA.