JFrog Platform Product Base Versions
Product Versions Product Versions
The JFrog Platform represents a major architectural change that affects all JFrog products. These changes are not backward compatible with previous major versions. As such, new installations should use only the versions below and not mix them with previous major versions. Similarly, customers upgrading from the previous major versions will need to upgrade all products currently in use to the versions below.
- JFrog Artifactory 7.x
- JFrog Insight 1.x
- JFrog Xray 3.x
- JFrog Distribution 2.x
- JFrog Pipelines 1.x
Installing the JFrog Platform
This section will help you get started with the JFrog Platform installation initial steps and planning.
Before You Begin
In this section, you will find information to get you started with installing or upgrading whether you are a new user or an existing user to the JFrog Platform. Depending on your subscription type and organization's needs, you can install the complete set of JFrog products or start with JFrog Artifactory as the base. To learn about the JFrog supported subscriptions, see the JFrog offering.
To get started with a new installation, you'll need to know the following:
- Your subscription type. If you don’t have an existing subscription, Start a Free Trial.
- Your selected JFrog products to install.
- Review the the System Architecture and and System Requirements
- Plan your new installation.
Installing JFrog Products by Subscription Type
To use JFrog products, you'll need to first install JFrog Artifactory. Once installed, you can continue to install additional products according to your subscription type and organization needs.
The new major versions of the JFrog Platform products are not backward compatible with previous major versions.
JFrog products should be installed in the following order:
- Install Artifactory
- Install Insight (Enterprise/Enterprise+ only)
- Apply your your JFrog License depending on your license type, you can:
- either deploy a license manually to Artifactory (using the onboarding wizard on initial startup)
- or use a license bucket after connecting Insight
The installation process is identical to installing any other Artifactory instance.
- Trial License: upload it to your JPD as a separate file. Read more about the JFrog Xray trial.
Below are the products you have access to for each subscription.
Products in purple are mandatory and products in black are optional depending on your organization needs.
JFrog Products to Install
Artifactory OSS (Free)
Artifactory CE (Free)
JFrog Container Registry (Free)
Upgrading to the JFrog Platform
The new major versions of the JFrog Platform products are not backward compatible with the previous major versions. Hence if you are currently using multiple products in the Platform, you will need to upgrade each of the products you are using.
Before You Begin
To upgrade to JFrog Platform product versions, you’ll need to do the following:
- Review the What's New? page for:
- Breaking Changes
- Deprecated Features
- Features not available in the initial JFrog Platform release
- REST API Changes
- Review the new System Architecture and and System Requirements
- Plan your upgrade.
Before upgrading you should account for:
- The health check endpoint will need to be changed
- The reverse proxy configuration will need to be updated
- If you are using a single Xray to handle multiple Artifactory instances, you will need to move to a 1:1 set up before upgrading.
- If you are using a single Distribution to distribute from multiple source Artifactory instances, you will need to move to a 1:1 set up.
Upgrading JFrog Products
When you are ready to upgrade, note that Artifactory must be upgraded first, followed by any other connected product(s).
JFrog products should be upgraded in the following order:
With the exception of Artifactory in HA mode, expect downtime for the products while upgrading to the new versions.
Quickly access pages that will help you start using the JFrog Platform.