- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Once you have completed Installing Distribution, continue to the following required configurations:
- Setting Up GPG Signing: JFrog Distribution secures release bundle delivery using a preconfigured GPG Key. A release bundle, distributed to an Artifactory Edge Node, is signed with this GPG key.
Providing an additional layer of protection on the contents in your release bundles. As part of the release bundle signing process, Distribution triggers Artifactory to clone the contents of a release bundle into an isolated release-bundles repository.
- Circle of Trust: Establish a circle of trust between your source Artifactory and Artifactory Edge Nodes. This should be applied to both source and target Artifactory nodes
In addition, the following optional configurations are available:
- Enabling the Replicator: This will optimize replication when distributing with JFrog Distribution. This should be applied to both source and target Artifactory nodes.
- Connecting Mission Control: If your Mission Control instance is part of another JPD, you'll need to register it in Distribution.
- Disaster Recovery: You can set up disaster recovery for JFrog Distribution to prevent the loss of critical data in the event that your Distribution service experiences an event that causes irreversible damage and loss of data, or if it needs to be taken down gracefully for any other reason (e.g. hardware maintenance on the server machine).
- Distribution System YAML: You can configure an existing JFrog Distribution instance system settings using a simple YAML configuration file.
- Distribution Application Config YAML File: An alternative way to specify application-related settings for JFrog Distribution.
Once you have finished the configuration of distribution assets, you can start Distributing Release Bundles.
JFrog Distribution enables creating Release Bundle Versions from a set of artifacts, which are distributed to Artifactory Edge Nodes located in remote locations. Release Bundles group together the contents that are part of your release, providing the bill of materials for your software releases.