Aggregating multiple npm registries under a virtual repository Artifactory provides access to all your npm packages thorugh a single URL for both upload and download.
Artifactory provides full support for managing npm packages and ensures optimal and reliable access to npmjs.org.
As a fully-fledged npm registry on top of its capabilities for advanced artifact management, Artifactory's support for
- The ability to provision npm packages from Artifactory to the npm command line tool from all repository types
- Calculation of Metadata for npm packages hosted in Artifactory's local repositories
- Access to remote npm registries (such as
https://registry.npmjs.org) through Remote Repositories which provide the usual proxy and caching functionality
- The ability to access multiple npm registries from a single URL by aggregating them under a Virtual Repository. This overcomes the limitation of the npm client which can only access a single registry at a time.
- Compatibility with the
to deploy and remove packages and more.
|Text||npm command line tool|
- Support for flexible npm repository layouts that allow you to organize your npm packages and assign access privileges according to projects or development teams.
Artifactory supports NPM version 1.4.3 and above.
Local Npm Registry
To enable calculation of npm package metadata in local repositories so they are, in effect, npm registries, set
to npm when you create the repository:
Artifactory allows you to define any layout for your npm regsitries. In order to upload packages according to your custom layout, you need to package your npm files using