YAML File Format
The YAML file is constructed with keys and entities, using the following
key: [entity] format.
- Shared configurations specified under the shared section, are used by all micro-services.
- Micro-service specific configurations are set under each micro-service section and override similar shared configurations for the specific micro-service.
Core Services Configurations
Changing the Default Docker Images
An organization may wish to change the runtime images used by default for all users in the Pipelines installation. For example, if your organization has particular dependencies that are not met by the standard default runtime images, you may wish to use a set of custom runtime images.
To accomplish this, the system administrator can update the Pipelines system YAML, then restart the installation by running the pipelines CLI with the upgrade command. See Installing Pipelines for more information about upgrading a Pipelines installation.
An example system.yaml default image configuration is shown below with default images for node and java. There should only be one image with
isDefault for each combination of
os and one image with each combination of
os , and
- architecture is the architecture on which this Docker image should be used. Currently, only
- os is the operating system on which this Docker image will be selected. To use the same image on multiple operating systems, add another entry to languageImages for each operating system.
The current operating system choices are:
- language is the language, as listed in the step runtime configuration, for which this image should be used.
- registryUrl is the optional Docker registry where the image can be found.
- image is the image name, without tag.
- isDefault designates that this image should be used when no language is specified for the step. Only one image for each architecture and operating system should be default.
- defaultVersion is the default image tag, used if no language is listed in the step configuration. When a version is specified in the step configuration, it should match a tag for the image.