Setting Up Fluentd for Datadog
To set up Fluentd for Datadog, perform the following steps:
- Install Fluentd logging agent on each JPD node for tailing the various JPD log files for new log lines to parse into fields
- Apply any corresponding record transformations and then send to the relevant output plugin for Fluentd.
- Install the Fluentd agent in each node as shown in the Fluentd installation guide.
- Configure the installed Fluentd agent as per the configuration, that matches the JFrog application running in the node, provided in JFrog log analytics Github repo.
Viewing JFrog Log Data in Datadog
Forward logs to your Datadog account from Fluentd using the Datadog Fluentd plugin. Import the dashboard from export.json that contains information displayed through JFrog’s data widgets to give you real time observability into JFrog Unified Platform.
The JFrog Platform Logs dashboard presents timeline and count data for key operating metrics:
- Log volumes, which can be filtered by type
- Service errors
- HTTP response codes
- Accessed image
- Accessed repositories
- Data transfers in GB for uploads/downloads
- Top 10 IPs for upload/download
- Audit actions by username
- Denied actions and logins by IP and username
- Accepted deploys by username
For more detailed instructions on the Datadog integration refer to the JFrog github project.