Setting up the JFrog Container Registry Using the Google GCP GKE Kubernetes App
- Go to the JFrog Container Registry listing.
- Select Configure and select the project to to deploy.
- Select the cluster you wish to deploy to or create a new one.
- Enter all required details, and create a new master key.
- Select Deploy.
The application is deployed
- Follow the instructions on the right hand side of the App to obtain the public IP.
Upgrading JFrog Container Registry using the Google GCP GKE Kubernetes App
The upgrade is only supported for 6.x to 6.x and 7.x to 7.x with an expected small downtime window.
Go to the GKE workloads page and select the Project where the App is deployed.The workloads must be upgraded manually.
- Find the JFrog Container Registry workload:
- Change the YAML from
<new version>in all locations, without changing the annotations.
- Select the JFrog Container Registry registry from a list of versions, which may also use a SHA instead of a version tag:
- Change the image to pull directly from JFrog, where images are updated at a more regular interval. Use 'docker.bintray.io/jfrog/artifactory-jcr:<new version>'
- Scale the deployment down to zero,
- Increase the deployment to 1.
- Save the change
The new version of the mode appears
- Verify the new version in the bottom left corner of the UI.