Setting Up Fluentd for Prometheus
To set up Fluentd for Prometheus, perform the following steps:
- Install Fluentd based on the installation guide for your platform and real-time observability.
- Install the Prometheus Fluentd plugin which exposes the logging events as an HTTP metrics interface for Prometheus.
- Configure Fluentd agent as per the sample configuration, that matches the JFrog application running in the node, provided in JFrog log analytics Github repo.
Viewing JFrog Log Data in Prometheus with Grafana
Configure Prometheus to automatically detect new metrics interfaces for JFrog services that expose the HTTP metrics interface that you set up with your FluentD Prometheus plugin.
With Prometheus collecting your metrics, you can now visualize them with Grafana, the visualization layer for Prometheus. Using Prometheus’s PromQL query language, you can set up queries for your dashboard. You can import JFrog’s example dashboard which provides the following graph widgets.
- Upload Data Transfers
- Download Data Transfers
- Top Downloading IPs
- Top Uploading IPs
- Top Artifacts by Requests
- Top Repos by Requests
- Top Repos by Data
- Audit Users
- Artifactory User Access
- Artifactory 5XX Status Codes and errors
- Xray 5XX Status Codes and errors
- Denied Login Attempts
- Denied Actions by IP
- Denied Actions by User
For more detailed instructions on the Prometheus/Grafana integration refer to the JFrog github project.