Setting a HTTP PROXY server in jenkins does not take effect for downloading and deploying artifacts to Artifactory .
Jenkins Artifactory plugin version - 2.7.2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure a HTTP PROXY in Jenkins ->Manage Jenkins ->Manage Plugins ->Advanced
2. Create a sample maven project
3. Run the build and you will see that the build uses the Proxy server when going to fetch from Git, but is not used when downloading and deploying to Artifactory
4. To be sure that the downloads/deploy are not going through Proxy server. We disabled Git under SCM in the Job configuration and gave the location of the ROOT pom as the Jenkins workspace directory which contains the project.
5. Now we stopped the Proxy server and ran the build again and saw that the build was successful and it was downloading and deploying to Artifactory. This shows that the requests are not going through the Proxy server although it has been specified. Also we made sure that "bypass proxy" is disabled for the Artifactory URL.