Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Support for maven running inside docker containers when Jenkins is not in the same container.
To reproduce the issue:
- Installed Jenkins on Mac with the suggested plugins along with Artifactory Plugin.
- Created a dockerized maven client based on a Ubuntu image.
- Created a Pipeline project in Jenkins and used the attached script.
- Run Build -> the build failed due to not being able to find the mvn executable
- Examining the output, we found that the plugin looks for maven on the host machine rather than inside the container. We confirmed this by specifying a MAVEN_HOME variable with a valid path on the host machine, which was identified properly by the plugin.