Affects Version/s: 5.4.5
Fix Version/s: None
CentOS 6.8 rpm install
I created a test that shows the default /var/opt/jfrog/artifactory/backup read only directory prevents Artifactory from starting.
This is on CentOS 6.8 and rpm install.
1. install Artifactory
2. run a backup using default location.
3. change backup location to /backups
4. make /var/opt/jfrog/artifactory/backup read only
5. perform successful backup to /backups
6. restart Artifactory - it errors on starup (java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not initialize artifactory home directory due to: Directory '/var/opt/jfrog/artifactory/backup' is not writable!)
This behaviour should not occur as I was allowed to change to a different backup location and perform successful backups.