- Feature description: Use AQL but have the search/match parameters be case insensitive. I have a request from our development teams if we can add a param to the Artifactory queries to ignore the case of the artifacts being searched.
We are using the results of the query to be displayed in the form where a developer will select which package/versions to install.
- What is the expected behavior? Case insensitive search/match parameters will be available for AQL queries. For example, when search "sample" then the result will include "Sample", "SAMPLE", or "SamPle"
- Possible workaround: Care case sensitive when using AQL
- Reason for the request: Customer's comment -"Is there a way as an enterprise customer to bring more attention to that issue?"
- Scenario: The customer has a very large team who is writing some automation around their build artifacts. These artifacts have different cases depending on the group within the team which has published the artifact. A couple examples: Test.MMVerifier.14.10.0* , Test.IPLVerifier.14.10.0
- Business Impact: They are using AQL to look for uploaded artifacts with specific version. Their AQLs are created automatically based on some parameters, like branch name, version, etc. Today they are facing issues finding artifacts because the AQL is case sensitive and they would like to allow their developers to use a more flexible tooling. To do so they are looking for a way to make the AQL case insensitive. Business impact means the search pattern is much more complex and can cause lose of information and bad search results. Which means releasing wrong artifacts.