When deploying some debian packages, though index calculation is performed, the new package is not written to Packages file.
Steps to reproduce:
- Acquire the carbon-relay-ng deb package
wget from https://packagecloud.io/raintank/raintank/packages/ubuntu/xenial/carbon-relay-ng_0.9.3-1_amd64.deb/download
- Create a new debian local repo
- Upload the carbon-relay-ng deb package to the new repo using the API
curl -uUSERNAME:PASSWORD -XPUT "http://ARTIFACTORY_HOSTNAME/REPO_NAME/pool/main/carbon-relay-ng_0.9.3-1_amd64.deb;deb.distribution=xenial;deb.component=main;deb.architecture=amd64" -T carbon-relay-ng_0.9.3-1_amd64.deb
The repo is indexed (as seen in artifactory.log) but carbon-relay-ng is not written to the binary-amd64/Packages file.
How to identify this issue:
- When deploying the file, the incremental calculation process fails to add the file to packages file, or rather yet - it adds it and then deletes it. Looking at the log you can see that an 'ADD' event is handled and then 1 or more 'DELETE' events are handled
- A manual triggering of 'Recalculate index' results in a valid Packages file