Affects Version/s: 6.1.0
Fix Version/s: None
Server on Red Hat Linux, x64 Java 8
- Install Artifactory Professional v6.1.0 rev 60100900
- Find any package on the nuget.org, which has at least 101 versions published (for example - use NLog package)
- Create .Net Core project which references this package and (which is important) use proxy repositories only
- Set package restoring URL to see to the local Artifactory installation
- Try to restore this package: from nuget.exe, from msbuild or from Visual Studio.
Package is restored
Package was not restored, nuget writes something like this:
Please see attached zip file, which has concrete examples:
- Install Visual Studio 2017 (Community edition is ok)
- Download the latest nuget - for example, 4.7.1 - https://www.nuget.org/downloads
- Go to the folder "1. NLogWhichCanBeRestored"
- Patch file "restore.bat" - fix url to the workable Artifactory instance, which is able to proxy requests to the nuget.org
- Execute "restore.bat"
- What was happened:
- Project references NLog 4.5.0, which has 99 older versions uploaded. So, it can be restored without any issues.
- All NLog versions newer than 4.5.0 could not be restored
- Go to the folder "2. NLogWhichCouldNotBeRestored"
- Patch bat file "1_restore_by_using_internal_artifactory.bat" by the same way with patching above (see item "2")
- Execute file "1_restore_by_using_internal_artifactory.bat"
- It will fail, because of describing issue. I see warning from the nuget with the text "Found 100 version(s) in 3rdParty [ Nearest version: 5.0.0-beta01 ]"
- Execute file "2_restore_by_using_nuget.org.bat"
- Restore will be completed without Errors