Resolution: Not a Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.2.0, 6.6.5
Fix Version/s: None
Artifactory Pro via docker container.
Use of a remote repository for quay.io via docker is faulty. Docker pulls work just fine, but if you wish to use JFROG CLI to add the quay.io container as a dependency, you get an error that it can't find the image in Artifactory.
- In Artifactory, create a Remote docker repository for quay.io
- URL: https://quay.io/
- Repository Key: quay-io
- On a machine with docker installed (tested on Windows 10 and CentOS 7), do a pull on any image available from quay.io. This should work without issue. Example...
docker pull quay-io.COMPANY.COM/coreos/etcd:v3.3.11
- On a machine with docker and JFROG CLI installed, do a jfrog cli docker-pull. Example...
jfrog rt docker-pull quay-io.COMPANY.COM/coreos/etcd:v3.3.11 quay-io-cache
- The output from JFrog CLI will show it downloaded the image, but when it tried to search Artifactory for the image ID, it couldn't find it.
Possible Symptom (after you've done the Repro steps)
- Open the Package Viewer in Artifactory.
- Search Docker for the image in question. EX: coreos/etcd
- View the tag in question. EX: v3.3.11
- Notice that the Size field shows "empty file" and the Image ID field is blank.