Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Virtual repository stops serving artifacts if exclude pattern is configured.
Steps to reproduce.
- Setup Artifactory version 6.7.1
- Setup 4 docker repositories. 1 virtual, 1 local , 2 remote. One of the remote is a smart repository. In this example 1-remote is the smart remote.
- Under the virtual repository set the following order:
1-remote (smart repository)
- Pull a docker image for example ansible/awx_rabbitmq:3.7.4
- Delete the docker image from your local machine (docker rmi <image_id>)
- Add an exclude pattern to 1-remote. For example ansible/**
- Try to pull the image from step 4 again. This will not work.
The expected behavior is that since we have a limitation on 1-remote due to exclude pattern, Artifactory should move to resolve the artifact from 2-remote.
If you switch the order putting 2-remote before 1-remote in the virtual repository. The artifact will be resolved.
The exclude pattern is under the 1-remote repository not the virtual repository.