Today the Crowd server is being addressed on every uncached authentication request every 5 minutes by default.
There is room for improvement when new and uncached requests are handled within (a very large amount) of Crowd groups.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Have a Crowd user with many (2000 was used) groups in Crowd and import them to Artifactory
2. Try to use a repeated action, e.g. deploying builds, with the same user
3. Inspect that every once every 5 minutes (authentication cache is set to 5 minutes by default), you will see slowed requests (happens because of the crowd groups fetching and handling in Artifactory)
- You may lower the authentication cache time to 1 min to have this reproduced faster using:
- You may use the script below to deploy builds:
Use this command to run it:
- Do not use an admin user
Check the request log with the slowed requests:
all the typical requests will take under 100ms to be complete, after the cache gets expired, you'll see a few requests held up to more than a few seconds (depending on the number of groups)