Based on the documentation here, a url like http://localhost:8081/artifactory/ivy-local/org/acme/[RELEASE]/acme-[RELEASE].jar should retrieve the latest release of an artifact based on version number. Since upgrading from 6.8.7 to 6.10.1, this is instead downloading the artifact with the most recent timestamp.
Example process to reproduce:
- Upload an artifact and specify a version (ex: 2.0.0)
- Upload a lower version of the same artifact (ex: 1.0.0)
- Download the RELEASE version of the artifact with a url like above
- Expected result: Downloads version 2.0.0.
- Actual result: Downloads version 1.0.0
The use case here is that we backport some patches to older versions of our project and publish the artifact to the same repository. When deploying the latest version, the url now downloads an old version of the artifact and attempts to install an older version.