- Previous client versions (e.g. 0.3.1) works. So it appears a change in spec/client
There are the differences between the Artifactory index file and the original spec from Yocto
and this is from the Yocto index
Note the SHA256 vs SHA256sum (there are other fields as well but SHA256 seems the most important one)
After mailing the Yocto project they have provided with these links to the OPKG index generator, where we can see the metadata specification and precise fields' names
You can see the structure of the metadata you mention, including
spelling, capitalization, etc, here:
You can also see it here (perhaps more concisely):
Steps to reproduce on OPKG client version 0.4.1:
- Perquisite: need to build the client from source since it's not available as a pre-compiled/built binary.
1. Create the feed under /etc/opkg/opkg.conf for an Opkg repository in Artifactory (can use SetMeUp button to get the conf)
2. Upload the package with the command:
curl -H 'X-JFrog-Art-Api:***' -XPUT "http://<Artifactory_URL>:8081/artifactory/opkg-local/x64/my-thing-1.ipk" -T my-thing-1.ipk
- Attached the example ipk that can be installed on any OS since the architecture is set to all.
3. Fetch the metadata from the repository with the command:
opkg --verbosity=3 -f /etc/opkg/opkg.conf update
4. Finally, try to install the package with the following command:
opkg --verbosity=3 -f /etc/opkg/opkg.conf install my-thing-1
5. The following message will be display:
When adding the flag --force-checksum to the install command will complete successfully.