Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
If a chart has an invalid version number or appVersion number, artifactory will still index them. However, virtual repos containing such chart will not be able to be added by helm.
1. Create a chart with appversion or version as invalid form
If you check, however, 0.1.1+9745796176 is actually a valid semver 2.0 version.
2. run helm lint to validate the chart and helm package to package the chart.
3. Deploy the chart to artifactory helm local repo.
4. Include the local repo in a virtual.
5. run helm repo add to add the virtual helm repo to helm, you will get this error:
Error: Looks like "https://supportusw.jfrog.io/supportusw/bhelm" is not a valid chart repository or cannot be reached: error unmarshaling JSON: while decoding JSON: json: cannot unmarshal number into Go struct field ChartVersion.appVersion of type string
If the repository was previously added, helm repo update will not reproduce this. But if you remove and re-add the repo, you will see this error.