Issue:- From Powershell, if we point to Virtual repository to resolve the NuGet artifacts and if the virtual has a smart remote repository in it and in case if the Artifactory that is pointing from the Smart remote repository is down then artifacts were unable to resolve even though artifacts present in the cache.
If we point to remote directly from powershell then we were able to resolve the artifacts successfully.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Consider an Artifactory instance that is facing to the internet and create a repository that is pointing to "https://www.powershellgallery.com/"
2. In the second Artifactory instance, create a remote-repository that is pointing to first remote repository:
3. From the Powershell, create a repository pointing to Virtual "nuget" repository and remote "original" repository of the secondary instance.
4. Request for the artifact Posh-SSH by pointing to Virtual repository.
Install-Module -Name Posh-SSH -Verbose -Repository Artifactory4
5. Now Shutdown the Artifactory that is pointing to the internet and in secondary Artifactory instance, Enable the Global offline mode.
6. Then uninstall the Posh-SSH module from PowerShell.
7. Again request for the package from PowerShell and we will see 404 response when resolving from virtual and seeing 200 responses when resolving from remote.
2019-10-29 12:09:50,059 [https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-94] [DEBUG] (o.a.a.n.r.NuGetVirtualRepoHandler:148) - Could not download NuGet package: 'Posh-SSH' version:'2.2.0' from repository: 'powershell-remote', powershell-remote: is offline, 'powershell-remote:Posh-SSH.2.2.0.nupkg' is not found at 'Posh-SSH.2.2.0.nupkg'.
This issue is seen in 6.10.1 version and also tested in 6.13.1 version but the issue seems to be resolved in 6.13.1.