when artifactory sends a 'HEAD' request to a remote repo of another Artifactory it may get a redirect as a response, this redirect is a signed Url that is suppose to be used as a 'GET' but instead is used as a 'HEAD' request (follows the redirect) this request then fails in AWS
1) setup a local NPM/NuGet repo on an Artifactory that is using S3 with redirect (AOL for example)
2) setup a remote repo on another Artifactory that points to the local repo of the first Artifactory
3) try downloading (from the UI) one of the files from the remote repo.
4) nothing will happen.
5) try downloading a different file of the remote repo using CURL
6) the response will be 404 not found.