A user does not have delete/overwrite permission to the repository they wish to copy to. When they issue a copy command from one Conan repository to the other they get an error message for the index.json file even if the file did not exist in the other repository's location.
What is the expected behavior?
The expected behavior is to be able to successfully (without error msg) copy/promote from one Conan repository to the other without delete/overwrite permission if the files do not already exist.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create two Conan local repositories. (i.e. conan-local1 and conan-local2)
- Create a user without delete/overwrite permissions to these repositories
- Generate and Upload a Conan package to the first Conan repository.
- Try a copy command of that package from the first repository to the second repository.
- Observe the User doesn't have permissions to override/Needs delete permissions error that results.