Affects Version/s: 6.23.7, 6.23.13
Fix Version/s: 6.23.25
Issue: Docker images are unsuccessfully uploaded to Artifactory due to a manifest invalid: manifest invalid error. After enabling the Docker debug logger, this issue is due to the "created" field missing in the elements of the "history" array in the config file. The missing "created" field causes a 400 error for the manifest.json in the request logs.
This issue is reproducible in Artifacroty version 6.23.7 and 6.23.13. This issue is not reproducible in Artifactory version 7.17.5.
Steps to reproduce:
- configure Artifactory 6.23.7 with subdomain method
- create docker virtual using set me up tool
- docker pull sourcegraph/server:3.28.0
- docker tag f4665777e182 docker.artifactory/codesearch/sourcegraph/server:3.28.0
- docker push docker.artifactory/codesearch/sourcegraph/server:3.28.0
- notice manifest invalid: manifest invalid error
Expected behavior: The Docker image should be successfully uploaded to Artifactory
Actual behavior: The Docker image is not successfully uploaded due to a manifest invalid: manifest invalid error.
- Pull the Docker image through the docker remote repository, docker pull docker.artifactory/sourcegraph/server:3.28.0
- Copy the image with a REST API command from the remote repository's cache to the local repository
curl -uadmin -X POST http://localhost:8081/artifactory/api/copy/docker-remote-cache/sourcegraph/server/3.28.0?to=/docker-local/sourcegraph/server/3.28.0