A package that builds from a translated rpm using alien brakes the repository indexing. No alien translated packages work, they all cause this problem.
Steps to reproduce:
- Upload one native Debian package to a local Debian repository
- Update the source list file as the below
- Perform from your client the 'apt update' command, which should end successfully
- Upload another package - this time it should be rpm package type that was converted using alien.
- Then, attempt to perform again 'apt update' from the same client again, this time it will fail with the following errors.
Additionally, not only the 'update' command is broken following adding the repository where the package is located but also - 'apt-get update', ' apt policy', and 'apt install'.
Also, solutions like this one - https://itsfoss.com/how-to-fix-problem-with-mergelist/ did not solve the issue. Only removing the relevant line from the sources.list file from the clients and perform re-indexing to the repository solves the error for the entire repositories but not solving it for the specific package as it breaks the 3rdparty dist in the repository.