Problem description: Edge nodes are not visible if a user has multiple permission targets association
What is the impact to the customer - What are they trying to achieve? Where does that bug hurts them? what does it stop them from achieving? This issue will impact if a non-admin user trying to distribute a release bundle that has references in multiple permission targets.
What is the expected behavior? Even though the user is associated with multiple permission targets, the same user should be able to view the edge nodes listed while distributing the release bundle.
Steps to reproduce:
Edge node v7.25.7
- Create a non-admin user in Artifactory
- Make sure the above-created user has references in multiple permission targets.
- Log in with the user, try distributing the release bundle, we can not view the list of edge nodes.
- Now, remove the user from multiple permission targets and make sure the user is referred only in one of the permission targets.
- Perform log-out and re-login with the same user now in this case you can see the target edge nodes and be able to successfully distribute the release bundle. I have recorded while performing this replication, you may refer to the corresponding video link here.
- Artifactory version which the bug was reproduced on (If the bug was reproduced not on the latest major, please test on the latest major as well.) Able to replicate in latest Artifactory v7.25.7.
- DB type & Version Does not depend on the database as I am able to replicate if Artifactory is configured with Derby database.
- Is this an HA env? if so, how many nodes are used? Does not depend as I am able to replicate if Artifactory is a standalone instance.
- Is this On-Prem or SaaS? Able to replicate in on-prem
- OS details if relevant: NA
- Possible workaround: For the non-admin users which have references in multiple permission targets, make sure to have only one permission target where the user is referred.