Affects Version/s: 7.29.7, 7.31.10, 7.33.6
Fix Version/s: None
Using a DevExpress NuGet feed as a remote repository in Artifactory can result in a memory leak.
Steps to reproduce:
- Run Artifactory with low -Xmx value, e.g.: 4g (to reproduce the issue quickly)
- Add DevExpress Nuget Feed as a remote repository in Artifactory
- Execute GET api/nuget/nuget-remote/FindPackagesById()?id=%27DevExpress.Win%27&semVerLevel=2.0.0
The observed behavior:
1. Outgoing requests to the remote repo will be executed in an infinite loop by Artifactory, for example:
2. One or more threads handling Nuget metadata sync will consume more and more Heap Memory until Artifactory JPD goes down.
3. The installation of NuGet packages from this remote repository may fail due to timeouts.
The expected behavior:
- Fix Memory Leak issue.
- Fix package resolution from a remote repository pointing to DevExpress Nuget Feed.
Add the system property below to $JFROG_HOME/artifactory/var/etc/artifactory/artifactory.system.properties file and restart Artifactory for changes to take effect: