Affects Version/s: 6.23.40
Fix Version/s: None
- Problem description: When we try to resolve a package (that exists in local) through a virtual repository, we see that the request goes through the remote repository as well and gives a 404 error in logs but it then ends up serving the package from the local itself.
- What is the impact to the customer - Based on the behavior, it looks like the request is made to the remote whereas if a package exists in local then the request to remote should not be made and it should be served from local itself. The issue occurs specifically with the package that is created on the client-side (internal package) and deployed to local and hence it does not exist in the remote.
- What is the expected behavior? It should be served from the local repository and a request to upstream should not be made
- Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a sample nuget package, attached a sample package in the Jira
2. Deploy to the local repository
3. Configure nuget cli to resolve from virtual through v3
4. Try to resolve the package through a virtual which contains the above local and then a remote repo pointing to nuget.org:
nuget install HildenCo.Core -Source ArtifactoryNuGetV3
5. We see the below request in the log even though the package is installed and resolved through the local repository:
2022-03-01 03:12:49,170 [http-nio-8081-exec-5] [ERROR] (o.a.a.n.r.NuGetV3VirtualAndRemoteCommon:257) - Failed to download resource in repo: nuget-remote, at url: https://api.nuget.org/v3/registration5-gz-semver2/hildenco.core/index.json. HTTP STATUS CODE: 404
2022-03-01 03:12:49,311 [http-nio-8081-exec-10] [ERROR] (o.a.a.n.r.NuGetV3VirtualAndRemoteCommon:257) - Failed to download resource in repo: nuget-remote, at url: https://api.nuget.org/v3/registration5-gz-semver2/hildenco.core/index.json. HTTP STATUS CODE: 404
The issue here is that even for internal local packages, the request looks to go to the remote repository(upstream) and gives a 404.
- Environment details:
- Artifactory: 6.23.41 (Issue is in 6.x version)