When a user that has only the Deploy/Cache permission deploys a Nuget package, the metadata calculation fails with a "<packages> does not have Nuget ID" warning, for example:
What is the expected behavior? NuGet metadata calculation will not fail if the user has only the Deploy/Cache permission.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a local NuGet repository
- Create a user and grant the user only Deploy/Cache permission (without Read permission for the NuGet repository)
- Configure the NuGet client with the local repository in Artifactory
- Download any package, for example: Moq
- Deploy the package to the local repository
- Observe the reported log entry indicates that the package was removed from indexing
- Add Read permission for the user, delete the package from the local repository, and redeploy the package. The metadata calculation works as expected.
Grant the user with Read permission for the Nuget repository