Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Currently these are the general steps needed for changing the base URL or adding a federated base URL:
- Make a backup of the config descriptor.
- Disconnect the federated repositories. (UI page, config descriptor, or API)
- Wait for a while and then validate that all the federated repositories are disconnected on the member site.
- Update the urlBase in the config descriptor.
- Remove duplicate federated members via the config descriptor. (Due to RTFACT-26916)
- Reconnect all the federated repositories. (UI page, config descriptor, or API)
- Validate that the configuration was applied in the member site.
When there are a large amount of federated repositories, disconnecting and reconnecting the repositories makes the process very tedious.
- Taking manual steps to modify the config descriptor found in the UI is also risky.
JPDs using 100s of federated repositories has become more common, so the process above is should be automated.