While trying to resolve a package from the virtual go repository, we get a 404 error. The same package can be pulled through 'https://proxy.golang.org' without any issues.
What is the expected behavior?
To be able to pull the package through the virtual repository without any issues.
The virtual repository has a remote-repo pointing to https://proxy.golang.org
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a go virtual repository in Artifactory, which has a remote-repo pointing to https://proxy.golang.org in it.
- Set up the GOPROXY to point to the virtual GO repository:
- Navigate to a folder that has a 'go' project in it(Otherwise the 'go' client won't let you execute the 'go get' command. You may clone https://github.com/jfrog/project-examples and navigate to 'golang-example' folder
- Try pulling this package with 'go get': go get -v golang.org/x/exp/slices
- An error of 404 will be prompted by the client.
- Change the GOPROXY to GOPROXY=https://proxy.golang.org
- Try pulling the package again: go get -v golang.org/x/exp/slices
- The package will be resolved successfully; meaning that once we request the package directly, it works.
Artifactory Cloud \ On Prem - 7.38.10
GO Client - go1.18.2 darwin/amd64