Affects Version/s: 7.38.6
Fix Version/s: None
- Artifactory Version: 7.38.10
- DB type & Version: bundled derby
- Is this an HA env? if so, how many nodes is used : Standalone
- Is this On-Prem or SaaS? On-Prem
- OS details if relevant
Installation type (i.e. Docker, RPM etc..) = RPM
When trying to perform a docker login with a username that has more than 58 characters, it results in a failure from the docker client side with the following error:
Failure is identical for internal & external users, and for every type of password /api key / token inserted.
The issue affects only Docker login.
What is the expected behavior? A successful docker login
Steps to reproduce:
- Setup Artifactory instance higher than V7.35.2
- Create a username with over 58 characters
- Perform a docker login with the above username & password
Docker client returns “unauthorized: BAD_CREDENTIAL”
Artifactory service logs shows:
same username works fine with previous Artifactory versions.