The motivation is to delegate certain configurations, and actions to users, groups without having to give them an admin permission.
Currently there is a large gap between the capabilities of a system admin and user with manage permission.
Users with admin repo permission will be capable of managing projects in Artifactory under a set of limitations.
- create repositories, and edit, delete those repositories only
- ability to trigger index calculation
- ability to grant permission to existing users, groups for created repositories
- use configured repo layouts
- use configured property sets
For existing repositories those users will need to have manage permissions in order to grant permission as implemented today.