Affects Version/s: 3.6.0
Fix Version/s: None
Our Artifactory is behind an anonymous Proxy, which is set as system default.
According to this documentation:
I should be able to change the name of an auto-generated remote repository when adding a remote URL to a virtual P2 repository. But when I enter a new name, this is ignored by Artifactory - the original name is used.
Steps to reproduce (mainly taken from the docs above):
1. Create a new virtual repository
2. Name it e.g. "p2-virtual-test"
3. Switch to "P2" tab and enable P2.
4. Add a remote repository, e.g. http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/Mirrors/eclipse/releases/kepler/
5. Change the suggested name "ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de" to "hs-esslingen.de"
6. Click on "Create".
Now, a new remote repo with "ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de" is created by Artifactory, instead of the expected "hs-esslingen.de".
Even worse, if there previously had been a repository with that name, its settings (e.g. Layout) are re-used, which is bad because the layout can not be changed afterwards.